© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Wednesday 15 June 2011

New Phone?

As stated in title.
I really need a new phone soon. My phone's lifespan is soon coming to an end.
Farewell Omnia II, we hardly knew ye.


Jokes aside, it's really quite serious. Originally the only problem was the frequent crashing of the phone when I tried to lock/unlock the touchscreen. But eventually I bypassed that problem by adding a simple password to my phone. lol. Don't ask me why, it just didn't crash after that. To be honest, I didn't know I could set a password, until I saw my friend's Omnia. But I was glad I "fixed" that bug.

Then comes the lag that just exists in Windows Mobile OS (not WP7, it's WM6.5). Whenever I plug into USB, the phone auto lags and becomes very unusable afterwards. Thankfully, this can be solved quite easily through a simple restart of the phone. Though the windows booting up time can be annoying at times.

And then the charger got busted. The phone charges via the mini USB port. One day it just stopped working. I got a feeling that one of the small pins inside the charger broke or something. It still worked for awhile, when I had to tilt the phone or charger wire a certain angle for it to start charging. But after some time even that couldn't work anymore. So I tolerated it, and just charged my phone using the USB data cable. But charging the phone via my PC takes super duper long, and there is that lag phenomenon I mentioned earlier.

Up till now, I still managed to just bear it and hang on. But now the battery is starting to give up on me... Originally, it could last about a week with light/moderate use. Then after some time, maybe about 4-5 days. More recently, it made about 2-3 days just fine. But as of now, it barely lasts more than a day on standby. There is no way to "fix" this problem short of getting a new battery, but with all the other problems, I don't feel it's worth the effort.

So, I think it's about the time I get me a new phone.
And this is where I need some help.

I haven't been looking into many of the phone ads and reviews recently. In fact, I stopped caring about phones ever since I enlisted into NS. So, if anyone has recommendations on which brands and which models to go for, I'm all ears.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards a full touchscreen smartphone. Probably Android OS. I'd rather not get a Windows again, for a change. I'm not exactly crazy about Apple either. So Android seems like the most flexible. But I would like to hear more suggestions first, as well as which models are good.

Probably gonna buy it within the next one or two weeks. After the stupid 1 day ICT.









Sadden

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)