© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Tuesday 13 February 2018

All About Aesthetics

So I guess tomorrow is the day huh? Most depressing day in February. But I should be used to it by now. Anyway, I really wanted to talk about another topic that's been on my mind lately. That is the fact of how much I am of a bimbo on the inside! Haha! To me it's all about the aesthetics. Everything must look nice and pleasing on the eye. Doesn't have to be perfect, doesn't even need to function well, as long as it looks good and fits in well with everything. I'm not just talking about products, but also people, fashion, websites, apps, furniture, stationary, and really anything under the sun. If it looks good to me, I like it. Sounds shallow, I know, but let me justify.

Hmm... How do I describe it? I've been saying it for a super long time now. Good design aesthetics IS a feature. It's not so much form over function, but form IS a type of function. You see, good design aesthetics inspires confidence. It grants one a sense of comfort, satisfaction, and pleasure of using or interacting with something. The better something looks, the more intrinsically attractive it becomes. Nevermind if it doesn't function perfectly, as long as it does the basics, I will choose it over the uglier looking alternative any day. Perfect example are the high end stuff, like sports cars and branded luxury bags right? If asked to choose between a good practical SUV and a Lambo, with unlimited money I would pick the Aventador every time.

The reason why I want touch on the aspect of aesthetics, is that I kind of want to share my gym workout strategy here. What do you think the most aesthetic body parts are? For men, I would have to say it is Chest, Deltoids, Arms, and Lats. Many so-called surveys have been done, and the so-called V-taper body shape seems to come out top all the time. As such, this is always the focus of my workouts, to maximize ROI of my time spent. But so far, I think I have been over training my chest and not as much effort into the other 3. It's hard to squeeze everything into 1 workout like I do. But I really do not have time to train 1 body part per day. I only have the time to go gym 1 or 2 times a week max. No time for even my interval training. I want to caution here also, that you NEVER want to do any form of cardio before weights, as it hinders your gains. Research backed, trust me.

So what about women? Well, here is where it gets slightly controversial. I do not self-proclaim to be a connoisseur, but I do have strong opinions and tastes in the aesthetics of the female body. Hopefully that doesn't sound too creepy, haha. Anyway, I think most gym enthusiasts would focus on the lower body of ladies, and put Gluts right up there as the number 1 focus. While I don't completely disagree, I think it is more nuanced than that. There are a lot of other body parts we can focus on. For starters, I actually think it is quite similar to males. If I were to recommend, I will say focus on Deltoids, Lats, Chest, and do Gluts as an accessory workout. Here's why. Many would agree, that the so-called hourglass figure is the holy grail of the female body. And if you really take notice, a lot of women have the problem of the pear-shaped body. So how do we fix this? It's obvious right? We work on the upper body! Why has nobody thought of that?

The reason why I thought about this, was that surprisingly my sister joined me for 2 or 3 gym sessions during the december holidays. Very rare of her. But naturally, she gave up again after that. And she is still really obese. Well, I tried to help. So back to the topic, I think women really want to focus on their lateral Deltoids, to make the illusion of slightly wider shoulders to balance out with their hips. But I'd say avoid training other parts of your arms too much, coz guys don't find that too attractive. Then to add on to that, you want to train your Lats (back) as well, to add more meat to the upper part of your frame and get some width. again this will balance your lower body, hence creating the hourglass. And of course, Chest and Gluts for obvious reasons. What I will say though, is that in my opinion, ladies should try best to stay away from training legs. While you THINK that it so-called tones your legs, I think that it just makes your thighs look thicker. Which is not aesthetic in my opinion. Oh yeah, and fuck cardio. That shit is no good for you and burns fats in all the wrong places. Do some HIIT interval training if you must, but the weights training should be more than intensive enough.

What you want it some unnatural looking or drastic looking proportions, to set you out from the other regular people. That's kind of the reason why some people use steroids, but that's another matter. If possible, you want slim looking legs but well formed Gluts. Sounds contradictory, but I honestly think it's possible with some of the more advanced gym machines today. Find those exercises that only focus on isolation of a particular muscle group, and just keep on using that. I'd recommend to refrain from doing too many squats or other leg related exercises if you want to avoid the pear syndrome. Additionally, you can throw in a little bit of corset training, but don't go overboard with it. I won't talk too much about that here, coz it falls closely into the realm of crazy territory, which will likely be covered in my other blog someday. But honestly, it's not a bad option. I have been seriously considering getting a waist trainer as well. Because I somehow just can't seem to slim down my waist area. It's tough.

Oh yes, I almost forgot 1 more thing related to aesthetics. For women it is slightly more troublesome because they have 1 more aspect to worry about, that is makeup. While it IS possible to go without makeup, I think that you wouldn't go very far in terms of aesthetics. However, I have really very little knowledge in this area, so I can't give much advice other than try to follow some China, Japan or Korea tutorials. They are seriously damn good at the craft. One thing I will say though, is that if you want to ignore it all and just focus on ONE thing, then focus on lashes. It is THE most important aspect I feel. Be it your mascara or false lashes or what not, it seems simple enough to apply and gives the maximum ROI. That and lipstick or lip gloss seems the easiest and least time consuming to do. The rest is really just simple grooming like haircut and brow trimming. But honestly, I think hairstyle for ladies is a whole lot easier to maintain than men. You won't believe how much effort it takes to style my fucking stubborn hair.

But yeah, so that's all I wanted to write about. The surprising thing, is that I THINK I might have inspired some of my classmates to go to the gym more often. Perhaps it was just my fanatic discipline that inspired them, or maybe not. But we all go to different gyms. I just wish that one day we could all get 1 workout done together, same gym at the same time. It should be fun. Just wishful thinking though. Anyway, I wish them all the best in their fitness efforts.



Been turning to Honoka for my daily dose of kawaii motivation. :P

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)