© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Monday 23 May 2011

Super Powers. Super Bored.

I know I haven't posted in the last couple of days. The reason is that there is really nothing much to say. I haven't been doing much lately. Ok if you must know, I've been playing Maple Story. There you have it. Yes I've been playing that lame game. Truth is there isn't a whole lot else for me to do. If you got ideas on something interesting to do, PLEASE do tell me.




I've also been watching Fairy Tail anime and reading the manga. But even that has not been able to last me long enough. I've finish watching and reading all the available episodes already. Now waiting for weekly updates, sob. Maybe I'll rewatch the earlier episodes or something. It's been about a year already. Argh, I dunno.

When I'm bored, my mind tends to wander. That means I'll think about a random topic that can be any possible thing that just happens to pop in my head. A recent thought was: "If you could have one super power of your choice, what would it be?". I'm not quite sure why I would think about that. It's probably due to watching too much anime. I really wanted to write a full blog post on it, but was too lazy to login and post, so I'll just squeeze it here...

Well, to me the obvious number one choice would be Space-time manipulation (something similar to Hiro Nakashima from Heroes). The ability to travel freely through time - to the past and change things, to glimpse the future to make accurate predictions - is a fragile and complicated power to have, but really powerful if you have some idea how to exploit it. Not to mention the ability to stop time! Oh man, the broken things you can achieve with a 'pause button' that you can activate at will. Time manipulation is more than enough for me. The ability to teleport is really just an added bonus, but who's complaining? Although, time travel is actually impossible (another argument for another day), but when it comes to super powers, we can imagine up anything right?

But sometimes always going for the most straightforward choice is kinda boring. Another powerful ability I thought of is, for lack of a better name, Material manipulation. It is the ability to control all matter. You can add, remove, create, destroy or modify any form of matter. To give a more concrete example, the end result would be something like turning water into gold or turning air into steel. In other words you can change any other matter. It's slightly similar to Alchemy, but at the same time a lot more versatile. As and added bonus, it allows you to control the movement of objects. That means you can levitate or move objects with your mind. The only catch is that you'll probably need at least very thorough knowledge on chemical compounds if not a PhD in Chemistry AND Medicine, to fully exploit the potential of this power. But still it's a pretty cool ability. I mean, almost anything is possible with this ability. Probably the only things it can't do are those listed under Space-time manipulation above.
Having both powers actually makes you a true god.

Oh well, that was a whole lot of time wasted.






Off to bed. More time wasting tomorrow...

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)