© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Sunday 7 August 2011

New Stuff, New Life?

So, for those of you who don't already know. I bought a new phone recently. I did a poll here, but not many people seemed too interested in voting. After reading tons of reviews and comparing of specs, and of course checking prices, I had decided to settle on the Samsung Galaxy S2.



Having used a Samsung phone previously, lemme tell you that I did NOT have a very good experience with the Omnia 2. Perhaps it was just the laggy and buggy Windows Mobile 6.5 OS that was to blame. It took me a great deal of convincing myself, but I eventually decided to give Samsung another chance. And boy did I make the right decision. The phone is simply awesome. The 4.3" screen is so beautiful you can stare at it all day. It is almost 100% lag free, thanks to an amazing dual-core CPU. Photos and videos look great too @ 8.1MP/1080p.

But enough promotion, Samsung didn't pay me. The more important thing that I got, was the data plan. I didn't bother to sign up for it last time, simply because there wasn't much for me to do with it on my old phone. I feel super outdated, but at the same time pretty amazed at just being connected 24/7. It's not just the instant Email and Social networking notifications. Being a first time Android user, I am finding so many different types of Apps and new capabilities that I can do with my phone everyday!

Speaking of which, I've recently began using my Tumblr account and I just wanted to mention it here.

http://infinitepuzzlepieces.tumblr.com/

This is my new blog on Tumblr, do visit once in awhile and add me if you have an account there. If you have a smartphone with dataplan, I highly recommend you getting this App called PicPlz. It allows you to snap a picture, apply a variety of filters or effects, and then share it online through multiple sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, etc. It's really great.

So anyway, about the blog. It's just a new project I'm trying out. A photo blog. Whenever I get the mood, or itch to take a picture, I'll just snap a pic, apply some effects, and post it onto Tumblr. It's meant to capture moments and solidify them as pictures, much like an oldschool photo album. The name "Infinite Puzzle Pieces" was inspired by the fact that it is a photo blog. Each individual photo is like a "puzzle piece" and represents a memory, and together they form my life story. And it is "Infinite" because HOPEFULLY, I will keep posting more pictures until I am dead, so to me that's alot of photos! I know, so dramatic right? What to do? OMGWTFEMOKIDZFTW  :P

That doesn't mean I'm closing down this blog though. Tumblr is great for mobile blogging, because it is compatible with so many apps, whereas Blogger is so rigid and inflexible. But for full fledged article style publishing, Blogger still does the job well. Yet, for more creative content, Tumblr is better. So I will still be posting my full fledged blog posts here in future. My Tumblr posts will usually be a photo or video with a one line caption. That's the difference.


Add me on Tumblr! =)


//Edit: Added Tumblr link on Sidebar for easy access.

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)