© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Sunday 20 February 2011

Lab day!!

Today (or rather yesterday), is lab day!!

Totally spent the night chionging my Take Home Lab assignment.
And today marks the first time I'm using an ancient text editor, vim (born in 1991!), to complete a non practical-test program. Ah... Good old vim. Don't even need to buy a mouse. (waste money on my Razer mouse)

Kidding. It's not completely unbearable, just rather inconvenient. But after you get used to it, it's not too bad. If anything, it really tests your knowledge and understanding of programming (Java). There is no help for auto finding the API for useful Methods, and no quick way to find errors before compiling. So, it's really up to the programmer to know his/her stuff. It's seriously good training! But when I know enough about the language, I hope to move on to a more advanced compiler in the higher level modules. Imagine coding an enterprise system on vim. Awesome style points.

Currently helping out friends with the lab. Usually got up to 2 or 3 people ask me for help one. It's quite fun. At least I get to learn stuff too. It is said that the teacher learns more than the student. Because the teacher must understand everything before he/she can teach the student. Although depending on the situation, in most cases the student can exceed the teacher as well. In the Long-Run curve, lol.

I'm supposed to be doing proposal though... But the indonesian dude haven't send me his part to compile. So... Slack! I guess I should probably start studying. But no much motivation leh, I wish I had something to motivate me.

Anyway, should be spending whole of tomorrow doing the proposal. I think I can only start revisions on Monday. Sigh. 4 modules, 8 days, 2 days per module. Dunno enough or not, let's hope so...

But now like holiday mood sia.





 k bye.

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)