© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Sunday 15 May 2011

Doing Nothing

So yea. Life has been pretty much boring these days, apart from waiting for the impending disaster that is exam results, which should be out on the 30th of this month I think. And what have I been doing all this while? Nothing. It's not the fact that I'm not doing anything, it's the fact that I'm doing Nothing. How do you do nothing you ask. Well, you simply don't! lol. Doing nothing is strictly worse than not doing anything, because you are idling you time away with low level brain activity and just rotting away. Yea that's what I pretty much did in army.  Whereas not doing anything simply means you have nothing important or constructive to do now, but you some idea as to what you'd like to do with this free time, and thus relish the extra time available.

Whole load of bull crap, I know. But whatever, I'm too free.

My best friend suggested that I go on a holiday. You know what? I WOULD really love to go on a holiday some day. It's just that there are a couple of "difficulties". Firstly would be the heart ache from the exorbitant costs involved. But as a trade-off for fun, that's something I can live with. What's more difficult is actually finding people to come with me. Going abroad alone is no fun. A small group of 2-4 people is usually more ideal. And lastly, my passport expired years ago. But that's a small problem that can be fixed.

As a short aside, here's a short story of why it's really difficult for me to find old friends to hang out with, let alone to travel with. All my secondary school friends went to poly, and we didn't really keep contact, with the exception of a few close ones, but while I was studying they were still in army, so we didn't meet up much also. And then the friends I had in JC, all never made it to NUS. Yep, NONE of them. They were all split up, 1 or 2 managed to get into NTU, a few of them went to SIM, and the rest of the bunch are probably at some private Uni or who knows where. Another interesting fact, is that my entire JC project work team, dropped out of JC after first year, leaving me alone as the only member left. Fun life huh? So as you can see, I've always been the outcast. Or the best of the worst bunch, however you wanna look at it. Such is life.

That being said, I finally went to the airport yesterday. It was my first time going to Terminal 3, and it was really nice! There were quite a number of shops and places to eat, like a mini shopping mall. I wanted to eat at Popeye's, but it was kinda crowded so I ate at the super-empty Subway instead. Shopped at Candy Empire, which was nice, they have lots of stuff that's difficult to find elsewhere. What I was really pleased with, is the 5-star style toilets! Super squeaky clean, and maximum spaciousness. They also have the paper dispensed from underneath the mirror for you to dry your hands. While not the first time I've seen this, I still find it pretty neat. Terminal 3 also had a nice super slide that was awesome! There are two levels of slides. One is the a slide from B2 to B3, mainly for kids and noobs. The other one is from 1st story to B3, but requires you to show a $10 or more receipt to ride. Pretty cool.

Other than my sudden urge to visit the airport though, my other days this week has been a pretty boring ritual. Wake up in the afternoon, then Youtube + Manga + Comics all the way into the night, then DotA til morning, then go to bed. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun way to be doing Nothing, but let's be honest it's still doing Nothing. Sian.



Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness... 



3 months holiday. Sigh, just what am I gonna do!

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)