© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Wednesday 6 April 2011

"Freak Accident"

Today I was damn sway, ended up late for class even though I left early. Here's what happened. I reached Harbour Front slightly early, and was waiting for the bus to school. No idea why, the buses were super crowded today. Watched the first one go pass, couldn't get on the second one, and was unable to squeeze into the third one! So there wasn't much else I could do but wait for the fourth one. So I made my merry way on my journey in the bus, expecting to be 10 mins late at max. Halfway along the journey, the bus broke down! What?! First time such a thing happened to me, so I guess I may have been more surprised than others.






Another first. I broke Facebook? lol.....


Just thought of something interesting. Imagine this hypothetical situation. You were working and training super hard for a competition, it had been months of dedication, and you were feeling really confident. Yet you lost by a landslide, defeated and severely humiliated by your arch rival. Due to some unknown reason, you were able to attain a prize similar to what you had in mind, but not the glory of the title. Given this situation, would you be happy? Explain.

I could see at least 2 groups. One group of people would say that they can be happy, since they got what they set out for anyway, hence they are contented. The other group obviously can't stand it. While the prize may satisfy what you sought materially, you were severely humiliated. There really is no coming back from that. Let's add one more condition. What if you had to slog out extra hard for that similar prize after you lost? What then?


Ok, emo blog post. I know. Studying makes me emo. I'm the type of person who understands, and needs to understand everything. The more I don't know, and the closer it is to the exam, the more depressed I feel. :(


0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)