© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Wednesday 20 April 2011

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Solve:

48÷2(9+3) = ?


Lol... This dumb question had me occupied the whole day. Seriously... It's just a case of bad notations... But it's really up to the writer's intended meaning. That said, it's not syntactically wrong though. The answers is just 288. If you need justification, I have some explanations on my Facebook Wall about it. Though it's really hard to convince people...

Here's another one:

what's the correct answer?


Yes, I own both calculators. Yes, I "custom painted" one. And yes, they are showing 2 different answers! This one in fact, looks more complicated than the one above! By the same logic, the answer is indeed 15. You can start throwing away your Sharp calculators already. Casio gets it right. Kidding, like I said, this kind of problems only come up when you don't write you notations clearly.


So. Are you smarter than a primary school kid? ;)
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/48293

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)