© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Wednesday 30 March 2011

I came, I saw, I pwned heads

Finally done with IS2101. No exam. Everything completed!
The last part was the Oral Presentation which I just finished today.

The presentation I felt went rather well today. I performed much better than I had expected. Part of reason should be because the other teams sucked, no offence. The first team was a bunch of misfits, my two loser ex-groupmates and a PRC guy. I almost lol-ed when they played an anime song at the start of their presentation... Was I supposed to take them seriously after that? Teleprescence what?

The next group were presenting on Social Networks. I didn't know their audience were senior citizens, so I shot them a (General Paper) GP-esque question for the Q & A. Oops. Their presentation was fine overall, albeit slightly lackluster. That PRC girl was quite good though, her presentations are always very confident and professional. But mostly, it's like your standard Singaporean students' Powerpoint slides lor. Slides with bullet points everywhere. Dull. Boring.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I must say I'm slightly proud of myself, considering what we did as a 2-man team (the others had 3 people). And most of the powerpoint design (our main wow factor), was done by me. After watching some videos and glancing through a library book on presentations, I decided to throw out the old school style of slides we all love to hate. And I went with something easy and simple. Most of the slides looked clean and spacious, giving it a more elegant and sleek look. No chunks of text only one-liners, the rest is explained by the speaker.

Oh btw, here are my slides.

Problem is you won't get to see the embedded video clip, and the "Reveal" transition doesn't show on Office 2007. It only works on 2010, and it becomes "Fade" instead on 2007. Trust me, that transition feature was what made ours special. It's Fade plus a Zoom in and out kind of transition. As they say, everything looks nice in slow motion. :)

Ok, I'm done blowing my own trumpet. This has always been a narcissistic blog anyway. I still have many tests ahead. Friday is math quiz, and next Saturday is CS2100 term test. Gawd, I'm so gonna die...
 
Now for music video!




Oh, oh, oh
How was I supposed to know
That you were oh, oh, over me?


Okay, better go study for Maths, been slacking for too long already. x_X
Bye.

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)