© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Thursday 1 February 2018

Plans Dashed?

Well, today I am faced with a perplexing situation... My dreams were sort of crushed.

Here's the story. I finally went down for the face-to-face Rakuten interview today. I was so confident and all with my abilities, but turns out there was a mismatch of requirements. With me more on the innovative and front-end UX development side, not matching what they want. Turns out, they want your typical Indian sweatshop technical programmer. The super ultra technical type. My friend also went for the interview in the morning, same thing. But at least she managed to get to the 2nd round. For me, I was shown out the door shortly after the first round...

So..... I guess that puts me in a spot. Everything I was working for was supposed to lead up to this point. It was supposed to be a perfect fairy tale ending, with me happily travelling to Japan to work. But... as you can tell by now, that dream seems to have been dashed. What to do now ah? I honestly didn't have a Plan B for myself. So I really don't know what to do, I am stuck. So stuck and lost that I don't even feel like working on my research proposal now. Sian.

Not to say that there aren't other opportunities lah. But I really didn't expect things to turn out this way. It means that I have to plan everything again from ground zero? That's like kicking me back all the way back to the beginning of 2017 leh! All the progress has been lost. How ah? What other career options should I consider? Should I stay put in SG? Or continue to search for other Japanese company openings? Hmm...

Another consideration is to enter into the education sector. I have always been on the cusp and sitting at the edge of it. I mean, my undergrad FYP was on educational technologies, my work was on military training and education, and here I am back again working on a e-learning Masters research. Perhaps it had been inevitable for me to follow in my father's footsteps and become a lecturer. But do I really want to do that? I cannot come up with a definite answer yet.

THAT'S WHY I AM CURRENTLY PUT IN A SPOT!

OMFG what should I do man... Sometimes I wished I had someone to talk to, but most of my best friends are hard to reach and meet up with. I guess I'm left to ponder and mull over this by myself for the coming weeks. I mean, I WILL still attend the school career fair on Tue. But it is almost guaranteed that nothing will appeal to me. I believe that none of the companies there are hiring for Japan positions. Heck, they may all be super technical or engineering positions.

SAD! AIYA! I DUNNO LAH! TIME TO GO SLEEP!


0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)