© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Saturday 9 April 2011

Smartphones are really Stupid

So today was CS2100 term test 2. I wished I had studied harder, but I'm just not that type of person. I'm the - study last minute, then go there and lucksack - kind of guy. Luckily, the specific things (2 chapters) I read through all came out in the test. The rest pretty much involved flipping the textbook for answers. Though I'm not even sure if my answers are right. The only thing I can say I am truly sure about is MIPS. After all, it's a programming language too, and I pick up programming languages pretty fast. In fact, I just started properly learning it some time last week.

I guess the fact that it was an easy paper helps. I managed to at least attempt the whole paper this time, as compared to 2 questions the previous time. I like easy papers. Sure, the mean is higher and the standard deviation would probably be smaller, but let's not discount the morale boost it can give.

Awkward situation: my phone alarm started ringing during the exam. I could have sworn I switched the alarm off yesterday. Later I realised I switched off the first alarm (9am), but not the backup alarm (9.45am), that I use on weekends. -_-"

So it actually started ringing in the LT while I was sitting there. Since exam rules state that you are not supposed to be able to see you mobile phones, I couldn't unlock the phone to 'Dismiss' the alarm, but rather had to jab the phone button through the outside of my pocket to put it on snooze. So weird. It's totally a misnomer. Smartphones despite what they are called, can be really dumb. They should really have some buttons, or combination of buttons to mute phones entirely - alarm included. Thankfully my alarm ringtone has a soft fade in music, so I am able to hear it and jab the button before it starts blasting at full volume.

Actually I posted it before, but here's the song that I would have blasted in the LT:





Worst part though, is that my snooze is set to 1 min, and the alarm repeats 10 times. That's annoying! It is after all supposed to annoy me to wake up. Solution? I called the TA fella over to tell him, then proceeded to "off" the phone. Like in most Korean dramas, the only way you should turn off the phone, is by plucking out the battery. lol.

Jokes aside, I really hope I do well for this test. It's really my only hope of helping me pass this module. If things go as usual, I guess we'll probably know the results by tomorrow night latest. That's one heck of an efficient marking team. Or just Aaron.

Since the song was by "The Academy Is..." (or TAI in short), I also decided to listen to other TAI songs on my way back home. So here's another video!



I had the best intentions... 

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)