© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Wednesday 16 March 2011

The odds are against me...

So today is the first of 2 presentations for IS2101. We had to give a 3 min short talk to the class, from a list of given topics. Kinda screwed up as expected. I was super nervous when trying to present, and was constantly referring to the "cue cards". I was so nervous my hands started shaking quite badly, like kena Parkinson's disease or something. Oh well, I guess not much can be expected from last minute work. I only had my lines finalised at around 12 midnight.

Fun fact shared with us in lecture. The number 2 greatest fear in the world is public speaking, and death itself only ranks at number 9. That means that statistically, people fear public speaking more than death! What can I say, the odds were against me.


I do have another more "serious"-ish topic that was on my mind. And I'm not too sure if I should even post it... Well, here goes... I'm not trying to boast anything here, but it's necessary for explanation: the fact is that I have a rather large amount of General Knowledge. I know at least a little, or have heard of practically almost anything you could care to mention. So, when I do something and I fail to achieve a satisfactory outcome (that's about as abstract as I can put it), I usually know roughly where I went wrong. And after looking back, I would know what I should have done, even if I may or may not be capable of doing it. Moreover I am a rather meticulous guy, and I pay great attention to small details. However it became apparent to me (took me awhile to realised too), that I had done something wrongly late last year. And the frustrating part is, I do not know what I did wrong, or what I should have done instead. I guess I was just sorely lacking in knowledge and experience in that subject matter, that seems to be the best possible answer I can give myself...

I don't know if anybody can even understand what I just wrote. Well, to most other people it would just seem like a bunch of random gibberish. But this was apparently what happened to me.





Epic concert








End.

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)