© Incomplete Perfexion
Created by Philson
Thursday 10 February 2011

Test test test

Testing out this new background. Couldn't find a suitable picture that suited the template. I think it  looks a little plain. But sometimes, simplicity is good. Is it nice? Tell me what you think.

Don't have alot of time to do a long post today. Got to study for the Math quiz tomorrow, and I have a tutorial which I haven't completed... I actually like writing long posts. It let's me describe in greater detail. I mean, isn't a short post harder to write? I dunno how to summarise it into a few sentences. If I had to do it today, it'll probably look like this...

Screwed up CS1020 lab today.
So sad. emo.

Yup, that about sums it up.
Today was CS1020 sit-in lab 1. So screwed up. Stupid lecture notes never say how to implement Arrays as a Class Attribute. Had to figure out on the spot. Then I made some un-spottable logic error somehow, I dunno where, which made the results come out wrong. Spent another 15 min on that and failed to find the error. Pissed off, I move on to the next part. Not much time left, so end up barely finished coding the Methods but not implementing them in the main program. The logic seemed right, but without testing and printing any results, it really doesn't matter.

There's really not much to say. If things go on like last semester, I'll end up scoring for the theory papers, but failing all the practicals and then end up scraping a 'B'. And B = Bad;

Gotta change my way of thinking. I think I have to find a new way to approach and solve the problems. Come up with some step-by-step framework for looking at programming problems and finding the solution. I still don't know what that is yet. But seeing as I do better in written papers, an intermediate solution will be to write out the entire solution on paper first, then spend the rest of the time typing and debugging. If it continues to be 90mins, I'll probably spend about 30-45 min on paper first. Seems about right.

Actually that approach was told to us last semester... I know, retarded right? It might actually work!



Doh!






At first I was rather disappointed and emo. I think I'm fine now. If anything it just shows that I'm not quite there yet. I really need to brush up everything over the weekend. Especially modules which I have been neglecting, namely CS2100 and EC1301. Over the weekend, I must turn from noob into pro in these modules!

And I say that here because I wanna make myself do it. If end up I don't do it, then I damn paiseh. lol

Oh look. Ended up becoming a long post again. It's just like that lah. Anyway, time to do some math.
Cya.

0 comments - Speak up!:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post, the weather, sports, news. Or just to say hi! :)